I have finally joined in the cauliflower revolution and made my first cauli crust pizza… and I am well and truly impressed! Yes the texture isn’t the same, and you can’t really eat it like you would a normal pizza but the zero guilt and stodge-free feeling is worth so much more!
You can top them with any of your favourite meat and speedy veg, and your healthy A choice of cheese (I used sainsburys reduced fat mozzarella as you get 50g to spread over your pizza).
Ingredients for an individual pizza:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, blitzed into a crumble texture
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 red onion, sliced finely
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced finely
- 1 slice ham
- 1 tsp oregano
- 50g mozzarella
- Frylight olive
- Place the cauliflower into a microwaveable container and cook for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200 degrees (180 fan) and line a baking sheet with baking paper and a few spritzes of Frylight.
- Mix the egg, garlic, oregano, and cauliflower together well and season with a little salt/pepper if desired.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture onto the tray and form into a pizza shape with the back of a spoon and your fingers.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the middle of the oven, then carefully flip over and spread over your purée and topping choices. Sprinkle with a little more oregano if desired and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a salad garnish and feel guilt free!