I must admit, pre-made tomato sauces are a pet hate of mine- so much added sugar! This sauce is an easy go-to for a busy weeknight and can be used on so many dishes with the added bonus of being packed with speedy veg and no syns!
Ingredients (makes enough sauce for 4 generous portions):
- 400g pack chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green or red pepper, diced
- Two cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 veggie stock cube/stock pot
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch salt
- Pinch mixed dried herbs
- Spritz Frylight into a medium saucepan and put on a medium/high heat.
- Lightly brown the onion and add the garlic and pepper. Cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the paprika and herbs, and stir well before adding the tomatoes, salt and stock cube.
- Simmer for ten minutes on a medium heat, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a handheld blender if you have one, or serve it chunky.