I love a good green Thai curry, especially served with sticky jasmine rice and a few prawn crackers if I’m feeling indulgent. This curry is based on green curry but is slightly more Slimming World friendly. Remember to check the syns for the light coconut milk you are using to protect your weight loss!
Ingredients: (serves 4, 4.5 syns per serving)
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 5 banana shallots, finely diced
- 2 peppers, roughly diced
- Pack of mangetout
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 2cm chunk fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of 1
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Pinch cumin seeds
- Spritz Frylight
- In a large sauté pan lightly coated with Frylight, gently cook the shallots until translucent and brown the chicken.
- In a bowl combine the lime juice, zest, garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce, fish sauce, lemongrass, ground coriander, ground cumin and lime leaves. Add half to the chicken and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pepper, mangetout and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the second half of the sauce mixture.
- Add the stock, cumin seeds and coconut milk, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve on a generous portion of jasmine rice and get stuck in.