Whilst cooking the Slimming World slow cooked BBQ pulled gammon I was pondering what carby goodness we could have alongside it- jacket potatoes just felt too plain so I decided to experiment with loading up some potato skins.
Super easy to do and a nice change! (As well as syn free if you’re following the breastfeeding plan on SW, hurrah for healthy extras!)
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 baking potatoes
- 70g light cream cheese (approx 5.5 syns depending on brand)
- 70g grated mozzarella
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Pinch dried herbs
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (180 fan). Pierce the potatoes several times with a sharp knife and microwave on full for 5 minutes.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and spritz with frylight. Sprinkle salt and herbs over the potatoes and place in the oven for 45 minutes, turning after 20.
- Once cooked, cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the potato ‘flesh’ from inside leaving a little around the edge of the skins to help them keep their shape.
- Place the potato into a bowl and mix in the soft cheese and spring onion. Spoon back into the skins and top with the mozzarella.
- Grill on a medium heat until the cheese has melted and turned slightly golden.
Variations could include adding some chopped cooked bacon or chorizo, or even tuna! Possibilities are endless, just watch your syns!