Lunches are always a bit uninventive… same salad with the same chicken day in and day out. Time to mix things up a bit so I made a fresh giant couscous salad based on a pre-prepared couscous I had over the weekend but with less syns and more veg!
Ingredients (makes 2 good size portions)
- 60g giant couscous, cooked according to the packet’s instructions.
- 1 red pepper, diced.
- 1/2 courgette, diced.
- 1/2 red onion, largely diced.
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- Pinch paprika
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 fan) and spritz a roasting tray with frylight.
- Spread the pepper, courgette and onion across the tray and spritz with a little more frylight and sprinkle with the paprika and salt. Roast for 20 mins or until veg is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice, oil and coriander and add the cooked couscous. Stir well
- When the veg is cooked, stir it into the couscous until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve as is or as a side dish to a main meal. (Goes rather well with warm halloumi!)