These pork balls are so easy to make in a big batch for multiple meals, and are freezer friendly too! While you only need part of a carrot and red onion, the rest of both can really easily go into making a yummy tomato sauce to have with your meatballs.
- 500g pack 5% fat pork mince
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 of a medium carrot, grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Divide into meatballs (I made 24 small meatballs but you can divide into the size/quantity that suits you)
- Either oven cook at 170 (fan) for 15-20 minutes (until brown) or pan fry for 10 minutes, turning every so often.
I put some in my lunches for this week with bulgar wheat and salad but you could have them as finger food snacks with hummus or chuck them into a soup…. so many possibilities!